Saturday, June 13, 2009

no naps.

i spent my last day of unemployment appropriately.

fighting off the arguably unwarranted effects of a last call irish car bomb 'gift', my unmade twin bed threatened me to take a nap.

a phone call from mary saved me-
you wouldn't believe how hot it is...

equally tempted to see for myself and reminiscing our own 'NO NAPS' rule from camp, i gathered the necessities:
camera
book
moleskin, pen
bathing suit
avaitors.
and set off on my bike.

i rode all the way down grove until the only remnants of the city were familiar street names, all disguised with large, historic brick homes.

i came to the conclusion that grove between malvern and westmoreland is the most bike unfriendly stretch of sidewalk in the city.

i sat at the pool and read some. i rode my bike along new streets, trying to get lost. i got an italian ice in carytown with a 'local employees' discount, then bought 2 currently destinationless postcards.

having one obligation, i headed to mechanicsville to get my oil changed. i ended up sitting on the sidewalk outside and making friends with the oilchange cat. "she doesn't really like people..." yet by the end of it she was purring a plea to take me home. i scratched her head, and told her i'd see her in 3 months, or 3000 miles (whichever comes first.)

from there, i caught up with my parents and did my ritualistic scouring and pilfering of their refrigerator, and finally to my bestfriendof17years' grad party.

what followed was a combination of equal parts barbecue, live classic rock, belting out temptations lyrics, and many multi-generational games of flip cup, well into the wee hours.

that wee part really being the only questionable decision, considering, as of 10am today, i'm employed!

ole.

No comments: