Wednesday, June 10, 2009

flannel


when i was 4 i participated in the christmas pageant at my church. my sister and i were shepherds, and i vaguely remember how excited i was about the costumes- an off-white pillow case cinched around the waste by a simple leather cord.

i'm sure my mother would jump at the chance to prove wrong my assumption that there are no remaining pictures from the event, however, it seems some things never change...

recently i was helping a friend move when i spotted one of the greatest 2.5x3 ft pieces of flannel i'd run across in a while. when i asked, he told me it was the pillow case he used to move his drums (? i'd assume that pesky, pillow shaped drum?). i asked if his drums would miss it, but didn't wait for the response.

here, is my result:


to be worn at any outdoorconcertcookoutfamilygettogether that presents itself.

No comments: