Saturday, September 27, 2008

hostage situation.






so.

wednesday was the biggest day of merce, the celebration that was going on here pretty much all last week. we spent the day walking around the city, seeing outdoor concerts and parades and eating gelato. there were people everywhere and it was so exciting. at 10pm we all went to placa espanya, right in front of the palace to see the fountain show and fireworks...

let me just say that i love fireworks. this 4th of july i didn't get to see any. i saw dave matthews, but no fireworks. wednesday night more than made up for it... the fireworks and fountain show and music and atmosphere was all so amazing. i posted a video... watch it. it was awesome.

obviously there were a million people out there. we managed to meet up with some friends and head to the next closest metro stop... which, of course was insanely crowded. and, considering my luck had been going well and my life was almost back in order... we were about at our stop and i reached into my verysafelittlebagthatsitsrightatmyhipboneandisvirtuallyunrobbable to find my phone... which suddenly was missing. MIA. no phone. anywhere.

instantly i was like, this is not happening. there is just no way this is happening. if it was stolen, my camera and all of my money was still there... and how would someone have reached in there without me knowing? anyway was mad. and confused. i took the subway back to the station we were at and looked around... nothing. finally i met back up with my friends and tried calling my phone about a hundred times. finally, all of a sudden someone answered. someone named miguel. someone who better watch his back because he has accumulated so much bad karma i wouldn't be surprised if he spontaneously combusted like right now.

miguel so charmingly asked my name, and then oye amor, how old are you? and from there told me if i wanted my phone back i had to come alone to his apartment and drink whiskey with him.

hostage. who the hell holds a phone hostage?

i gathered an army of friends, with a few strong boys, and we were prepared to meet him somewhere... and of course miguel stopped answering my phone all together.

so, i stopped my service. and once again i am phoneless until monday. however, i am also whiskeyandkidnapped-less as well, so things aren't all that bad i guess.

No comments: