Thursday, April 9, 2009

radiothon


this week is radiothon on the wuvt... as i was listening today, they played a song called ibiza sunrise. which made me laugh. and dance. and remember my own ibiza sunrise... i spent the remaining 3 minutes of thumping techno beats juxtaposing my weekend in ibiza with my current weekend plans... 3 days of constant partying at pacha and privilege, sequentially the oldest and biggest clubs in the world, against plans to go "downtown" tonight... sitting on a beach on the favorable side of an island, watching the sunrise over the mediterranean after dancing for 9 hours straight, against walking 4 blocks home after last call at 2am... a crucial hotel breakfast buffet against the solar haus's frequent saturday morning waffle parties...

the irony of the song and my two contradicting lives made me smile, and crave them both.

i turned my key, got out of my car, and walked into my house.
still dancing.

1 comment:

Dr Zu said...

Que significa "his week is radiothon on the wuvt... " no lo entiendo?

Intentare aprender Ingles