Saturday, February 7, 2009

directions on a napkin.


there's something so simple and gratifying about being with old friends. and being from a small town. we stick together, we appreciate things, we're honest with each other... and it's refreshing. i woke up this morning on a futon beside my best friend of too many years. we recounted the night, laughed, and walked outside to an endlessly blue 65-degree virginia mountain day. the ride home, even though i still managed to get us lost, was uplifting. there was something so comforting to look out and see nothing but the sky and mountains ahead of me, and in my rearview, my best friend singing loudly in her civic.

i put all the windows down in my jeep. i sang along to my ipod's davematthewsdispatchclaptonsublime mix and felt good that my hair was satisfyingly wind tangled. i felt infinite.



No comments: