Wednesday, August 27, 2008

scooter thieves

so i leave in 2 days.

2 days. as in tomorrow i'll be saying "i leave tomorrow."
um.

something tells me i should be doing something right now. like stuffing all of my belongings into the ONE bag british airways is so kindly allowing me. or figuring out how to get from Terminal 4 to Terminal 1 in the Heathrow airport during my measly hour and 20 minute layover. or attempting to brush up on my spanish so i'm not totally lost.

instead, my number one concern is that apparently there is no peanutbutter in spain. NONE. yeah. so no peanutbutter for me. and i love peanut butter. i've been so worried about this that last night, after borrowing a shaker of salt to take farewell tequila shots with some friends, i asked if i should return the peanut butter. it keeps creeping into my conversations.

to add to my angst about the lack of jif and the fact that my "equipaje" isn't packing itself, i finally decided to read through my isa orientation guide, and apparently there are thieves on scooters in spain that take your bags and scoot away with them. fortunately, on an average day my "bolsero" contains 2 books, a bottle of water, my wallet, both of my cameras, my phone, multiple wine corks, a change of clothes, and about 6 tubes of lipstick i never use.

they won't make it far.

No comments: