Sunday, March 29, 2009

sharp turns.

i was thinking about my arguably obscure title tea leaves and rooftops and what it means, exactly. i chose it when i started my blog, originally to document my semester abroad. in thinking about a glamorous 4 months in spain, i pictured afternoons sitting at outdoor cafe's enjoying conversation as well as sightseeing and incredible views from high places. and thus, tea leaves and rooftops became the contradictory combination that matches my life, on either side of the atlantic. my days are characterized by a series of simple, significant moments and big, unforgettable adventures. and i crave it all.




what i learned this weekend:
the thing about motorcycles is that if you close your eyes, you don't notice the sharp turn ahead signs. and if you're going fast enough, no one can hear you whispering oh shit i'm scared and mostly you just look cool. very cool. in your brown leather jacket, obviously.

No comments: